Arkansas Traveller Jon Boat Restoration

Discussion in 'Main Area' started by RDJ, Feb 6, 2015.

1. RDJ

RDJ Administrator Staff Member

565.JPG

608.JPG

Got this on the plate for this month.

My Grandfather's 1960's Arkansas Traveler jon boat. My uncle got the wood back on the rub rails, but the inside needs a bunch of work still.

This thing is heavy! I have a 10 HP Mercury to strap on it, but I think it will just putt putt with that little power.

The second image is not my boat, but the same vintage since the first pic has some issues with the shadows.

Anyhoo!!! Fun times for the spring! 565.JPG 608.JPG

2. RDJ

Looks like they had a cool paint job / bottom job on them, you can see in both pics it's worn off.

3. Hank L

Hank L New Member

I think that a 10hp won't push you as fast as you'd like, probably won't plane out. That's a good sized boat. But, 10hp will move it around a lake, just not fast. Great project.

4. RDJ

Thanks!

I have a couple of concerns of course.

I'm a little worried about power to weight ratio. It might turn out to be a fix up / sell project. The seats are almost done (wood) to replace. But I'm also concerned about leaks. I have a MIG with aluminum gas, but I don't have a feeder gun. So it's mostly just a pain in the butt to even attempt it.

5. eltro

eltro New Member

Make any progress or is the weather keeping you indoors? LOL

6. Pablo S Stevens

Pablo S Stevens New Member

7. bloxorz

bloxorz New Member

Very good, I think I found the knowledge I needed. I will see and refer some information in your post. thank you.

bloxorz

8. eddie

eddie New Member

https://gamesdro.com/yahtzeeIf you like to free online yahtzee games then you can play free online yahtzee game online free game. yahtzee is one of the best online playing dice game