Old volcano experiment?

Discussion in 'Main Area' started by Crickleymal, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Crickleymal

Crickleymal New Member

A few years ago I read something about and experiment to create a volcano. This would have been back in Victorian or Edwardian times. I was reminded about it whilst talking to a friend about daft experiments we did as children. As I recall you took a large quantity of sulphur 20lb/10kg or more. Then you dug a hole in the ground and buried it. It reacted with water and swelled up and started an exothermic reaction.

Trouble is I can't find any details of this online. Not that I can obtain enough sulphur to replicate it or that I want to as it wouldn't be very environmental. I'd just like to find out how they did it. So I thought this would be the ideal place to ask.

Malc

2. windows movie maker

windows movie maker New Member

Interesting article! Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone!
    html color picker

3. hayden28

hayden28 New Member

4. Ronald Thomas

Ronald Thomas New Member

This will be the Victorian era or the Edwardian period. When I talked to a friend about the stupid experiment we were doing write my dissertation, I was reminded. This is very common. We use time as a convenient "excuse" to come. Why we have not created more tendencies.